Our mission is to slow down fashion and end over-consumption by creating garments free of comprise, allowing us to live with fewer but better items.
As our PR & Communications specialist you’re a front figure and spearhead in our crusade and are responsible for the establishment and positioning of the ASKET brand, philosophy and products in global and local press - ranging from developing strategic and tactical PR campaigns all the way down to the dirty work, picking up the phone and coordinating sample shipments.
This is not your glamorous fashion PR gig. You won’t have an army of 20-year olds who will do anything to be in PR. You will not be wining and dining with the fashion elite per default. The only way you’ll be invited to an award show is by getting ASKET on the podium yourself. How? That’s your job to figure out. We expect you to roll up your sleeves, navigate the international media and PR landscape, build relationships, find and deliver smart, creative and relevant ways to position ASKET, establish our philosophy and create true value - to ASKET, our customers, our manufacturers and our planet.
You’re joining an ambitious, dynamic and deeply caring team in the beginning of a high-paced and challenging journey to fundamentally change the way we manufacture, market and consume garments today. And coming into one of the fastest growing apparel startups in Sweden, you'll be part of a core team that enjoys tremendous responsibility and impact on our journey - and the industry as a whole.
Your mission is to:
- Build brand awareness by positioning and implementing the ASKET brand, story and products in global press
- Position ASKET as thought leaders and go-to spokespeople within key topics
- Build a global network of key media relations in daily, business, lifestyle, creative and fashion media
- Position ASKET pieces as go-to essentials for stylings, recurring and seasonal features in creative, lifestyle and fashion press
Your responsibilities include, but aren't limited to
- Implementing ASKET story and communication platform in global media
- Developing and executing long and short term PR strategy & campaigns across markets
- Identify, recruit, monitor and retain influencers and brand ambassadors online and offline
- Setting up and managing the communications agenda and PR calendar for print, online and events across markets
- Ongoing industry and topical monitoring, identification and capitalization of proactive and reactive positioning opportunities
- Hands on PR management including writing press releases, developing the key media assets, handling inbound press requests, interviews and loans
- Developing ideas for and managing press events
- Sourcing, managing and monitoring network of PR agencies or freelancers
- Recruitment and management of interns within PR and influencer marketing with long term ambition to build team
The ideal candidate is
- Unprestigious, hard working and itching to contribute to achieving ASKET’s vision of fundamentally changing the apparel industry for the better - no matter what it takes
- Obsessed with creative communication and PR, an avid searcher for information on PR, consumer behaviour and culture, always up to date
- Outstanding communicator, 100% fluent in English, written and verbally
- Highly organized, diligent and detail-oriented
- Motivated, problem-solver and a self-starter; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Minimum 3 years working experience within PR and communications, freelance, in-house or at an agency. Fashion PR experience is not a necessity
- Track record of building brand awareness and positioning brands by developing and executing PR and communications campaigns
- Expert knowledge of and established network of media contacts within fashion, design, lifestyle, daily and business press
- Genuine interest in popular culture and various creative areas: art, food, photography, music, design